Louise is standing for Hampshire County Council to represent the Bishopstoke and Fair Oak Ward. She is also standing for re-election to Bishopstoke Parish Council. Louise has been a Councillor serving Bishopstoke since 2016 on the Parish Council and since 2018 on Eastleigh Borough Council. Her tenure on the Borough council continues to next year.
Bishopstoke & Fair Oak Residents Need A Voice and to be Listened to
“Do you feel like I do? That political parties are still not listening to the concerns of local people? That they have lost touch with the wishes of Bishopstoke & Fair Oak? Just over five years ago, I decided I couldn’t stand by while party politics played out at the expense of our amazing villages and environment. Its been an incredible honour and very humbling to be trusted and supported by my local community.
- I opposed Eastleigh Borough Council’s Local Plan that proposed building 5,000+ houses in the north of Bishopstoke and Fair Oak. Time and time again, I pointed out to the Council that there was insufficient evidence – a view that the Planning Inspector shared with me. This part of the plan has now been deleted.
- I have argued against yet more development on Mortimers Lane, Fair Oak as I did not feel that road safety or environmental implications had been addressed effectively.
- I’ve supported the allocation of money to Fair Oak Library after the County Council cut this essential community asset.
- I’ve campaigned for improved school crossings for our young people.
- I’ve supported new community facilities, such as the Memorial Hall and improvements at the Planney in Bishopstoke.
- I successfully pushed for protection of Bishy Beach from vehicles.
- The pandemic has accelerated services being accessed online, whether for shopping or going to the doctors. For many this is not easy. I successfully got commitment from Eastleigh Borough Council to help people who are digitally excluded.
These are just a few of the things I have done. I was asked to not give up when I came second to the former MP at the previous election but to continue to challenge decisions which might adversely affect our villages, our beautiful countryside, our Itchen and wildlife. I hope this demonstrates how much I want to make our area better for all.
If elected I shall:
- be a voice for local people;
- continue to fight developments that would impact adversely on our natural environment;
- support initiatives to improve the health and wellbeing of residents;
- keep local people informed of the decisions which will affect us;
- work with Hampshire County Council to address the concerns of local residents.”
Promoted by and on behalf of: Louise Anne Parker-Jones, Gin Tidridge, Ray Dean, Dave Francis, Louise Hillier-Wheal, Anne Dean, Susan Lynch and Ralph Candy. Postal Address: Bishopstoke Independents, The IncuHive Space, Mayflower Close, Chandler’s Ford Industrial Estate, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 4AR.