Hampshire County Council has 2 public consultations running, both aiming to cut spending.
“The County Council would like to hear your views on several high-level options that could
contribute towards balancing its revenue budget, comprising
• introducing and increasing charges for some services;
• lobbying central Government for legislative change;
• generating additional income;
• using the County Council’s reserves;
• reducing and changing services;
• increasing Council Tax;
• changing local government arrangements in Hampshire.”
This consultation is in this link and closing date is 18th July 2021.
Consultation 2: “Public Health Consultation 2021”
“Against a backdrop of reducing County Council budgets and increasing service demand, Public Health has worked with organisations which deliver services on its behalf to identify potential new ways of working within its ring-fenced budget.”
This consultation is looking at ways to either stop or change services in four areas:
- Substance misuse treatment;
- Stop smoking (known as Smokefree Hampshire);
- Sexual health;
- 0-19 Public Health nursing, which includes health visiting and school nursing.
This consultation is in this link and closing date is 9th August 2021.